今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Interior of Raspberry/Chocolate/Almond Torte


Well, we ate the first slices of the cake at lunch today - it cut very easily, and the layers of jam and chocolate had soaked into the cookies nicely, turning them into a dry-cake like texture. It was very grown-up and europeanesque. Also, the ground almonds made it REALLY filling. I think it would work well with coffee or tea (though I was just drinking seltzer water).

Disappointingly, the almond flavor was pretty much lost. If I do this again, I'll add much more almond extract and give it slightly thicker layers of filling. However, this method of layer-cake making was much less stressful than the cake I made for Aaron's birthday (also much easier to eat). So the next time I have an urge/am asked to bring a dessert someplace, I might try doing something similar with different fillings - maybe chocolate cookie layers with white chocolate and espresso creme layers, or a basic butter cookie (maybe with ground pecans!) with peach and caramel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home