今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Monday, March 12, 2007

meat

I want to eat meat. This is unusual coming from me. While I'm definately not a vegetarian, I also don't eat meat very often. But I really want to for some reason. I might have to buy some beef tomorrow to eat for dinner, although I was trying to finish all the food I have in the fridge (eggs, cheese and a jar of tomato sauce, plus lots of yogurt). Maybe I am getting anemic. I read something about if your tongue didn't look very pink it meant you needed more iron. But I just looked in the mirror and my tongue is definately a bubble gum-like pink. I need to not eat chocolate in such large quantities - I'll decide to buy a chocolate bar, and then instead of eating only a quarter of it, I'll eat a quarter and then decide to eat another, and then poof, I ate the whole thing in one day, instead of letting it last four days. Its much easier for me to only eat four hershey kisses, because they are each wrapped up as an entity. And these mini meringues from trader joe's my mom brought are so yummy... and surprisingly unbad for you. Well, as not bad anything consisting solely of sugar and egg whites and chocolate powder can be, I guess.

I want to try to make gnocchi, since I've found lots of recipes that use instant mashed potato flakes (which I have plenty of) and then I wouldn't be buying more bread, but using things I have. I mean, I still do have 3 and a half pounds of regular pasta, but I think gnocchi would be an interesting change. Assuming that they actually taste good. Maybe I will make some sort of meat sauce thing... one that is not tomato-based, just for a change of pace. I love tomato sauce, and the stuff I got at costco is really good, especially this jar, because I added an onion, pepper and some mushrooms and let it simmer with more garlic and oregano and fennel. The sauce straight from the jar is just tomato and basil (no sugar, which is really good, most jar sauces are too sweet), but after adding stuff it's much better.

I was trying to not write so much about food... but as you can see, in not writing about food, I failed to write about anything else. I think it's because I usually write immediately after eating dinner, so I'm thinking about food.

I really should vaccuum one of these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home