今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

lacrosse!

On Sunday there was this "sports festival" which I went to... It was different fromwhat I had been expecting, instead of tables from different organizations, it was one group and they made us do team building stuff and play games. It was actually a lot of fun. Silke, one of the germans, also went and they kept asking us if we understood the rules of the games...

I met a bunch of girls who play lacrosse here at Chiba and they invited me to come to play with them, so this morning I went to practice. I had sort of forgotten how to play because I haven't for so long, and I had no idea how to do any of the drills but eventually I was understanding it a little bit more. I plan to go tomorrow again.

I went to look for a rice cooker with Silke yesterday night - the cheapest one was almost 80 dollars!!! so I guess no rice cooker for me, at least not from that store. I have to keep looking for a cheaper place to buy one,but they did not have them at the cheaper store...

We got these crepes which were not really like french ones like in america, she and I both got the dessert ones, with fruit and whip cream, but her tutor, who is also on lacrosse, got one that was like tuna salad... it had lettuce and tuna and then was folded and rolled so it was like an ice cream cone. We were both still hungry after that so we bought some bread and lettuce and cucumbers and sat in my room and ate salad and bread and talked... I think I need an english german dictionary. Or more like she needs one...

Today my goal is to get air in my bicycle tires.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do they have lacrosse sticks to borrow? do they use the face/eye protector that they use here? are the rules the same?

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do they have lacrosse sticks to borrow? do they use the face/eye protector that they use here? are the rules the same?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home