今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Monday, March 12, 2007

going to the grocery store early pays off


I went to Maruetsu just a couple minutes after they opened in the hopes of getting some meat that had a 20% off sticker. The stores here must have incredibly fast turnover, becauseafter about 6 pm they put 20% stickers on most of the meat. Some of the more expensive stuff gets 10% off and then 30% off stickers the next morning... I am quite happy, I ended up spending too much money on steak. So I got 12 dollars worth of meat for 8 dollars, just because it was packed on Sunday night or Monday morning. Keeping in mind that it is Tuesday morning. I had to buy another loaf of bread to go with my meat, but I'll have it today for dinner and tomorrow for dinner too :) I also got a giant head of lettuce... and it was the special of the week lettuce too, so it was only a dollar. It's America-sized, instead of Japan sized. I just hope I can eat all that lettuce in three or four days.

I also made cookies this morning before going to the store because I really wanted a cookie. They spread out a bit in the toaster, but otherwise taste really good. And now I need to buy more butter.

Still didn't vacuum.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehe, I've had my apartment for almost a year and I JUST got a vacuum 2 weeks ago. and used it once. weee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home