今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

blah blah blah


Went to Costco. Bought bagels for us to eat the first week Aaron is here (he'll be here tomorrow afternoon!!!) because he "doesn't want to eat icky healthy granola". That's fine by me, granola (which I got more of too since I'm to the last serving in the bag) is awfully expensive. And I don't like sharing. I also got a block of cheese. It's colby jack this time, I thought I'd go for some variation on cheddar, and there was no mozzarella. I also got a box to store my carrots in! It's a three sided box from some sort of pasta, which I think works quite well. By which I mean all the carrots fit.

I noticed on the bagel bag the bar code sticker is all in Japanese except for one line identifying the product in english - these are "PICK YOUR OWN BAGELS". To me, that makes it sound like I went to a bagel orchard with a basket and plucked bagels off trees. But really that means they have them bundled in half dozens (by flavor, there are only four types) and you have to get two and put the two half dozens into the larger bag with a bar code. They smell really good...

We're supposed to get new air conditioners, at least according to a sign on the front door, and I saw workers yesterday, but they never came to my room. This morning I put the desk back against the wall in case they came to replace it while I was out but I haven't heard any hammering so I put it back the way I like it. Maybe we are not all going to get new air conditioners, and only half the rooms were slated to recieve new ones.

I decided that I should write more about things that aren't how I made dinner. So I made another blog in which to write about making dinner. The address is: http://magdacooks.blogspot.com/ . I have already written a riveting account of making carrot risotto (for which I decided to get a new spatula (I spent a whole 105 yen on it) to not stain my clear one orange, but the new spatula doesn't seem to be quite strong enough for stirring anything. And it's already bent after one meal. I might have to buy a wooden spoon or something).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home