今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Grape Tofu on St. Patrick's Day



I bought some stuff at the grocery store today that waskind of magenta colored. It was in the tofu section, so I can only assume it was some sort of grape kool aid flavored tofu. It definately didn't have the consistency of jello. But it was light and refreshing, the sort of thing you'd want to eat at the beach on a hot summer day.

I also bought a giant grapefruit. I think it's giant, anyways. Everything else is so small here that maybe this is just a normal sized grapefruit, replete with Florida sticker, and I just think it is gargantuan. `

This morning I made something that vaguely resembled Irish soda bread - I used yogurt instead of milk in pancake mix and added some raisins. It turned out okay, but was definately missing something. I think the lack of caraway and the fact that it was fat free yogurt (making it less rich and dense than the traditional sour cream would have) may have played a part in why it only resembled soda bread. But it was tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home