今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I went to Lalaport finally.

And all I got out of it was pain in my knees, 500 extra calories and a subscription to the LLBean catalouge.

I feel bad for the people who will live in this room after me.

It was really windy when I was riding my bike there, but it wasn't as cold as I'd thought it would be. I put on sunblock before I left. I got there a little before ten, but I walked around (even though my knees did not want to move at all) and ended up going to Wendys and eating fries and a frostee (one of those chocolate soft server type ice cream things). Which was really yummy. Then I found the LL Bean store and tried asking someone for help. She ran off to get someone who could speak english. The lady who helped me was very nice and said she was from Michigan. She was also asian. The velcro sandals weren't on display, and I said I had seen them online so we were going through catalouges but apparently it's still too early in the season for them to haev even hit the catalouge. I asked if they had last summer's catalouges and she pulled out this giantbinder that had the American catalouges from all of last year in it. I did manage to find some velcro sandals in there, and I think she told me that those wouldn't be in the catalouge for two or three more catalouges, so if I wanted them now I'd have to order them online myself. If I waited until they were in the catalouge, though, the store could order them for me and I could try them on before I got them. So she may or may not be calling me when they have velcro sandals in the catalouge. I might have to learn how to answer my phone or set up voice mail. She also got me to fill out a form to get the catalouge. I just hope the next person with my address either likes LL Bean or knows more Japanese than I do and can call and cancel it. She also thought I was in high school. Then I rode back home. And then my knees hurt even more.

I may need to go to the doctor to complain about my knees hurting once I go back to America.

Also, LL Bean only stocks up to US size 8 in women's shoes... and only up to size 10 in men's. I wish my feet were that small. Its nice that they would order the shoes and let me try them on before I buy them.

And I successfully cooked my meat to medium doneness on the thicker edge of the second steak. The thin edge was medium well, but finally I managed to have pinkness in my meat. I'm going to need more granola soon, though. I have maybe a weeks' worth left. Maybe next Monday I will go buy some more. I don't think Aaron will want to eat it, but if he is hungry enough when he wakes up I am sure that granola is more appealing than not eating breakfast.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that in shoe sizes a mens 8 is the same length as a womens 10. Maybe one of those conversion charts, with asian and european sizes (cm?) would show that. Some brands like Converse and Vans are in mens sizes, usually. The shape is little different, not too important with sport sandals or 'tennis' shoes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home