今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

bicycle+umbrella!=dry


This is what I want to eat when I get back home... I missed having a long weekend for memorial day and was looking at pictures from previous years'. Grilled steak and onions and bread and pasta. Also, Ann's camera.

I have no idea how Japanese people can ride their bikes holding an umbrella in a slightly more than light rain and get to their destinations relatively dry. I wasn't soaked, but it's a good thing I was wearing those north face hiking pants that dry super fast. And I walked down the hill with the bike because it just seemed too dangerous to go down a 45 degree slant using only one hand. The front-brake hand only too. But it had stopped raining when it was time to go home from class. I should have walked, but it didn't look like it was raining... Scott mailed me so I knew, but I don't think I could have walked there without getting all sticky from the humidity.

Grammar is the most boring day - compounded by the fact that last night I was at Francisco's room until about 11:30 trying to plan Javier's birthday (I can totally understand not wanting to be in charge of your own party, esp. since he's always the one in charge) and changing the plan repeatedly. First we were going to go to one Brazilian all you can eat meat place in Shibuya. But then I found out they closed the end of last month. So then we were going to go to a different Brazilian place, but then there were objections that to go out to eat that late in Tokyo meant that it would be too late getting back and not everyone wanted to go dancing afterwards and it was 4000 yen. Last night after much debate between me, Fran and Felipe (who only got roped into organizing because he speaks Portugese so he was going to make the reservation) we decided to go to the Outback Steakhouse (not much more vegetarian friendly than all you can eat meat, but at least then they won't have to pay so much) in Makuhari and then do something ambigiously afterwards,and since Makuhari is only 30 minutes by bike, people can go home whenever they want to. I still think we should make a reservation since there will be somewhere between 20 and 30 people... so pretty much I wanted to fall asleep the whole time the teacher was talking about causitive-passive verbs- ie you were made to do something. I guess. All I know is it has the rareru at the end and I cannot say that at a normal speed.

And we're giving Javier a rotissiere chicken instead of a cake. At midnight. I guess it is a hispanic thing. I just want to go to bed at 8 like I used to though :/

Scott and I went for curry for lunch... so good but so unhealthy. I shouldn't have looked at the calorie information on the back of the menu. But that breaded fried pork chop was good. And I probably won't get curry again since there are only 50 days until I will be back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home