今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Monday, May 28, 2007

brr

So I didn't end up going running Sunday morning because I ended up going to a salsa bar and then to a different dance bar with a bunch of people. It was in Chiba so we went by bicycle. I met a girl from Canada at the second bar who is friends with Jesse, who also came with us. At the salsa bar this Australian guy tried to tell me he was from LA and then that he was from New York, not Australia...

Me: Where are you from?
Him: LA?
Me: You don't sound like you are from LA, you sound like you are from Australia.
Him: New York?
Me: (with eyebrows raised) ...
Him: Where are you from?
Me: Chicago.
Him: Oh. Yeah, I'm from Australia.

And then I made an escape. Why would he say he was from America when he had such an obvious accent? I must have not sounded so blatantly midwestern as usual... At the second bar there was more people dancing, but the highlight of the night was two people making out in a corner that people were taking photos of. They seriously needed to get a room. Also, possibly go to AA if they were that drunk to not notice everyone was watching them. We got gyros on the way home (which for some reason are called donar on the sign and everyone but me and the egyptian girl calls kebabs. A kebab is meat on a small skewer... not a giant roast on a rotating spit.) But it was really good. Not the most breakfasty thing though.

It was a lot cooler and less humid today than it has been - I think it was only around 70 as the high and quite windy. Tomorrow's supposed to be cloudy and about the same... I almost wish I hadn't put all my long sleeved stuff in my suitcase already, just to get it out of the way.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    they were called donar on Vancouver Island, we were in the town at the north end of the island, but we had pizza instead
    it sounds like you are having a good time
    maybe the Australian thought you were Irish or Scottish?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home