今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Opening Ceremony

So today we had an "opening ceremony"... it turned out to be kind of lame. They put all the new foreign kids in a big meeting room and gave a couple speeches and then read off our names and made us stand up. Then the professors went around and said their names and departments and things like that.

Lacrosse was more fun today, since I kind of know what is going on now. They gave me a stick to take home with me. It's the same as the stick I have at home, except it is white instead of yellow. I have borrowed an eyeguard, but I think I need to get one if I am actually going to keep playing. I want my mom to mail me mine, but since it is kind of breaking, I think it might be easier to buy a new one.


I met Silke and Emily and we rode our bikes to the ceremony together - Emily is kind of not so good at riding a bicycle. She ran into a pole, but was going really slow so it didn't matter. Afterwards, some people just randomly took the train to Chiba, one more station past the school towards the airport, but Silke and I rode our bikes back and went to Saty to the italian place and I got potatoes au gratin, I think (at least, it was potato chunks with cheese and bacon bits) and then we wandered around the department store again. all the clothes are wayyyyyyyyyyyy too small.

I'm kind of sleepy, but it is only 3 in the afternoon here, I can't go to bed yet. I have to wait until it gets dark out, at least.

Tomorrow morning I think I will do some laundry.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    can you get a new eyeguard of your own? and how much is it? instead of shipping from home

     

Post a Comment

<< Home