今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's light out so much later

Mandarin oranges!!!
And it's only the middle of January! I went to Costco today with Emily and just wore my sweatshirt. The weather is quite nice, even though January is supposedly the coldest month. The average daily high is 48 for January and February, and it's been above 50 consistently. In the sun, it's hard to believe its only 50, but it gets cold when it's dark.

At Costco I bought: granola (much cheaper than at the store here AND the bag is like a giant ziploc bag so I don't have to fill up a container with it), more raisins, a bag of mandarin oranges, a bag of 100 single serving rice seasoning things (I figured four flavors would make eating rice easier and more variety than if I buy a big package that I get three servings out of for 100 yen, especially since the big bag was only 700 yen). I got a can of mashed potato mix, which was kind of an odd thing to get, but it just looked really tasty. And it wasn't as oversized as most things at costco, so it's a managable amount to consume. I think I might make the potatoes and then make potato patties and fry them with a little olive oil. Also, they use some milk, so it will be good for me to eat more calcium, even though I have been eating yogurt for breakfast every day now.

And we got a pizza. Instead of cheese, though, we got the everything one, with peppers, onions, olives, sausage and pepperoni. I pulled all the pepperoni off my half and gave it to Emily, though.

Now I am going to do something productive. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home