今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

tired...

I have jet lag. I want to go to bed at noon and have to struggle to stay up past 6 (although today I am doing good, it's nearly 6:30). The first night I stayed up till 8 or so, and woke up at 1 am and managed to go back to sleep until around 4... when I gave up and got out of bed. Monday night I couldn't keep my eyes open and went to bed at 6. Woke up at 3, managed to fall back asleep for another 2 hours. Yesterday I was trying to stay up until 8 or 9 (so that when I had slept 8 hours it would be nearly time to get up) but for some reason around 6 I thought it was a good idea to lie in bed and rest my eyes... until 2 am. I had a really hard time falling back asleep, but I didn't wake up again until 6:30 in the morning. Clearly, I don't need the 12 hours of sleep I got... but the new blanket I got is so nice and warm and the bed is seductively cozy. I read something that said it was easier to go west (ie, from America to Japan) than east, in terms of jet lag recovery, but I find the opposite to be true - the first day I was back home I managed to stay up until 10 and got up at 6 the next day and didn't have any trouble (beyond the usual waking up to go t the bathroom when I drink too much water too late at night) staying asleep. But here, I have a hard time staying awake during the day, and I'm not staying asleep consistently at night (which is undoubtably tied to the fact that I am going to bed 4 hours too early, making me wake up 4 hours early).

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home