今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

po-ta-to!

So I couldn't resist and made myself some of the mashed potatoes I bought yesterday. They are so good. I can't even begin to describe how well they turned out to be. And they were really easy to make. Just boil water with butter and a little salt and then add the cold milk and the potato flakes and stir... I stirred it right in my bowl (and ate about half of them before my pork chop was cooked). I always overcook pork, though, because I don't want it to be undercooked... it would be easier to cook it and then put it on my plate and cut it and then cook it more if it wasn't done enough than being frustrated that it's more done than I was aiming for. And I wish I had a sharp knife besides my vegetable chopping knife and the serrated bread knife. I guess I could always buy one, but it seems a shame, I've lived with the butter knife happily for 4 months now. No need to modernize, I guess.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What, only a butter knife? Rachael Ray would be so disappointed. Always with the cooking. I need to do more of it, but I did get a large porkroast so now i just need to make some mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. mmm. I need milk. Happy day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home