今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Monday, October 16, 2006

my weekend


so this weekend I was kind of bored. On Friday night I went to a "party" that the spanish speakingkids were having in their building's meeting room, but I was really tired and it was not that interesting, so I left pretty early. Silke and I had made pancakes that evening. Saturday I was supposed to go lacrosse shopping with my friend but she had to do something with her mother, I'm not sure what. So I just sat around and talked on skype a lot and knitted and read and ate bread. On Sunday I did more of the same - I also went to the grocery store and bought some food, including a steak. It was kind of expensive, but on par with the cost of beef at home. It was really good, and was Australian beef. I cooked it a little longer than I intended, but it was still only mediumly done. It also occured to me that if I can't even keep myself occupied without spending the whole time eating for two days I would get really fat over christmas break and that I might as well go home and overeat... so I researched ticket prices and I have decided to come home to visit for Christmas. I'll actually be in Chicago longer than Ann will be home from conneticut, which is kind of weird. I'm going to get the ticket on Wednesday, because supposedly fares are cheapest just after midnight on Tuesday-Wednesday because the airlines open up new blocks of seats, and so therefore the computer is computing the price based onthe greatest number of open seats. Or something. I'm not sure I understand entirely, but I believe Ann, she flies a lot.

I also got a new bike lock and took the old one that was hard to turn the key off and put the new one on... but now I think I should have gotten the same style lock,but I guess it is only a dollar, so I can always get another one.

The economics class today was sooooo boring, and there are just three of us jpac people in it - there are about 8 Japanese students who are all in economics and tehre are two grad students from America, who are also both economists, and apparentally they meet twice, once with us to talk in English and then again a different day and discuss the same things in Japanese. ahhhhhhh.

Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home