今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Friday, November 24, 2006

my hair is like a study in fractals...

As I was finishing up my grilled cheese sandwich today at lunch, I noticed one of my curls was being hit by the sun and it had a lot of split ends... so I took to eradicating them. Had I been thinking ahead I would have gone outside to snip a half inch off the bottom of broken strands, but I didn't and now I need to sweep the floor. I started doing research and it was saying that you have to cut the hair at least an inch above the break to make sure it is entirely intact and won't start to fray again. A couple weeks ago I had trimmed a lot of them, so now the broken ends are either in odd places or are very small, which makes it harder to see them but also means that I have gotten most of the bad ends. I really should have cut my hair before coming to Japan, since I know my hair was really damaged before going on vacation and I had been planning to cut it afterwards but just never did... I guess it's something neurotic to do and at least I am not biting my nails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home