今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

thanksgiving...




Today was going kind of slow so I decided to walk over to Saty and check out the chickens but I was getting pretty hungry and just gave in and bought one. I hadn't really looked before but it turns out they had half chickens, which is a more practical amount for me anyways. I got one and and a piece of this squash looking thing that was already cut up and had the seeds scraped out (Emily had insisted at costco that those were pumpkins and Scott and I both told her that pumpkins have to be orange). And a little bottle of pink champagne. Which was kind of a whim. I came back home and put the squash pieces in a pan with a little bit of water and sort of steamed them, I guess, for about half an hour, and then I put the chicken on the still warm burner and heated it back up that way. All in all it was pretty good. The chicken was not the best rotisseire chicken I've ever had (the ones from whole foods are) but it was definately yummy and required far less effort on my part than cooking a chicken. The "squash" tasted suspiciously like a pumpkin... they must be some odd mutant variety that has green skins. It was good, though. I was starting to eat and I realized that I had "Alice's Restaurant" on the SD card in my pocket pc and I put it in the computer and listened to it while I ate (for those of you who don't know what I am talking about... read this.) I had eaten a lot of m&ms yesterday and I wasn't really hungry this morning (in fact, my stomach kind of felt like the day after halloween) but after my walk I had gotten quite hungry... but I'm going to wait a bit to eat some pie.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WXRT,93.1 fm in Chicago, will be playing 'Alices's Restaurant' on Thursday, Nov.22, Thanksgiving, at 11:00 a.m.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home