今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

finally!

So yesterday a sign appeared on the door, but it was only in Japanese and I couldn't read it, so I figured it must not be that important - It gave a date and the building letters, but things that are vitally important, like warning labels or how to turn off your fire alarm if you accidently set it off, are always also in English. Today after economics, they'd put up a new version of the same sign, this time with English. Apparently the Tuesday after Thanksgiving they are going to fumigate the building so everyone has to leave from 9 am until 5 pm. I hope this kills all the bugs.. I taped over my vent in the kitchen (I can't do the bathroom one because the fan in there starts when you turn on the light) the other day and I've seen fewer bugs. I actually went to the store this morning and got some different looking glue traps that were marked down... I went to the grocery store and wandered around near the detergent and floor cleaning things and finally asked someone and she told me I had to go upstairs to the drugstore because they only have insecticides during the summer. At least, she said they only somethingsomething in the summer, so I can only assume she was telling me I was asking for a seasonal product.

So that's good.

I made some broccoli risotto tonight and enough to have for lunch tomorrow as well - but after I added the broccoli to the pan, it got a little hard to stir... next time I make enough for leftovers with something lumpy, I need to be sure to use the larger frying pan.

I've been doing some reading on ethnographic writing... I want to start writing so I feel a little less undirected. I really ought to bang out three pages or so for law class, and figure out what to write for economics... I guess that's what I will do this weekend. I know I keep saying it, but Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I want to have these done by Christmas.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when does Japan have Thanksgiving? And what do you do at that time, is a long weekend coming up?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home