今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

doughnuts!

So we went to Costco today and got more food... I split a box of doughnuts and a giant bag of M&Ms with Scott and I got a bunch of bananas and a pumpkin pie. We also got a pizza, so I have two leftover pieces. This week is not a very healthy food week, I guess. Although I looked it up and doughnuts only have around 200 calories apiece (and the ones we got are all glazed or with sort of a very minimal sugar coating, so it's not like they are drenched in chocolate frosting), which is not as bad as I would have thought. Pumpkin pie also has surprisingly few - 250 to a slice...they don't say how big a slice, though. I figure I might as well get into the thanksgiving spirit and overeat pie on Thursday (but I think I will start it tomorrow night). I managed to get it into my fridge, with much rearranging of the rest of the contents. No turkey, though. I definately think I will be able to use up all the food I have before Christmas. It was a pretty nice bike ride, and coming back we bungeed the pizza and donut boxes to the back of my bike and I had the pie on my basket with this bungee net thing... I hadn't brought my backpack, sort of intentionally because I dislike riding with it on, and Scott and Emily both had a few things in their backpacks. The pie crust gota little damaged and it got a bit tilted, but I managed to tilt it back into the pan. I mean, from the last pie (that got turned on its side) we know that it will still taste good regardless of its intactness.

I had a Japanese midterm today. I think I did pretty good on most of the sections, but I think I did pretty bad on the particle section. I used to be really good with the particles, but it seems like now I've learned so many different usages for the same ones that it gets confusing and hard to know which one to use.

Only 4 weeks until I come home!!! I'm excited. Soon I should start going Christmas present shopping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home