今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

bagels

I have only one unrefridgerated bagel left!!! This means I still have... 15 bagels in my fridge. I am not sure what I will do when I run out - I will have 6 more days of being in Japan, whichI guess is enough to get another dozen bagels, but maybe I will just subsist on ramen and frozen shumai. I made a frittata last night, and I made pasta for in it. The first time I used the pasta, I thought that the noodles ended up kind of gummy tasting because I put them in before the water was boiling (I was not being patient) but yesterday I waited until it was boiling and they still were weird. Then when I went to dump the water out (I finally got a colander that I can put in the water, so I had the pot of hot water under my desk warming my feet for a long time) the whole bottom of the pot had a starchy film across it. I am not sure what to do, other than perhaps buy higher quality pasta.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    pasta ... one thing you could try with the pasta is to get some salt (non-iodized salt) and make sure that you stir the stuff aggressively, tasting it every little while after it gets back to boiling...

    Better quality pasta muight also be a solution...

    MCD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home