今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

v-day



Today they fumigated. Last night I put all my kitchen stuff outside, including my dishes and pans and packaged food. This morning I put my bedding into garbage bags and put them out there too - my porch was *very* crowded. I lugged around my backpack full of all my valuables... it didn't feel too heavy at 9am but by 5 I would have sworn there were bricks in it. We had to be out all day for the fumigators to fume. Scott and I walked slowly to school and still got there an hour early. I have no idea how this is possible, but it is colder inside that building than outside. And not in a good way. Luckily the classrooms have heaters, which I turned on ahead of time, but most of the way through class the teacher opened thewindow. And I had just started to get warm. After history, we walked to Saty and looked at dustbusters, toasters (I think I might spring for the 12 dollar one to enhance my bagel eating), long johns, knives and then we went to McDonalds and shared a big fries. I hadn't realized how little salt I have been eating, they were really good. Then we went to Maruetsu and Scott gota new hat at the 100yen and we looked at long johns, pillows and boots, and walked around the grocery store. I got a hello kitty lunch box. It was really inexpensive for being Hello Kitty and that big. I'm eagerly looking forward to the next day I bring lunch. Then wewent to a third grocery store, Tsurekame, and I got ice cream (cookies and cafe in a cone) and Scott got pumpkin flavored kitkats. There was still an hour to kill so we sat in the park and ate our junk food and I climbed on this climby thing, which was entertaining for about two minutes. Eventually we went back and I aired out theroom and restored order, which included washing the floor because it felt sticky in spots. I washed the desk and counter too.

I was a little disturbed to see a bug on the outside of my door that was still alive, but I got my chemical spray and dispatched it. I saw a few (okay, 3) that were obviously close to death on their backs with their legs wiggling a bit, and squirted them too. So hopefully I am bug free and will be able to live in peace, at least until it gets warm. I saw one on my curtain that wasn't as close to death as I would have liked and I was going to open the door and put it outside and spray it but I had the door open the wrong way to do that so I was switching them and somehow managed to squish my middle finger on my right hand between the sliding doors. Surprisingly, it doesnt hurt very much and blood has been kept to a minimum, but I'm thinking it is going to be bruised tomorrow. After I take a shower I amgoing to put a bandaid on it to keep the blanket fuzz out of it. It's okay now, but when I was running water on it I started to feel like I was going to throw up so I decided that sitting down and elevating it was probably a good idea.

I eventually got the bug, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home