今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

finally some November weather

It was looking very gray and overcast before I left for school, but it wasn't supposed to rain, so I wore my sweatshirt and down vest. Sadly, as Scott and I were leaving class it was starting to rain and the ride home was miserable, with ice-cold rain and windy. It was sort of nice, though - I prefer this yucky weather to the perpetual sun we had been having. But I was also quite chilled when I got home.

Emily made curry for dinner tonight (yesterday I made a sort of red sauce and we watched a movie and got discount crepes). Japanese curry is more like gravy with meat and vegetables in it, not Indian tasting at all. It was quite good. I am not sure how I will heat up my leftovers, though, since cold curry doesn't sound particularly appealing.

I have decided to try studying a lot for Japanese to see if that helps... but I am seriously thinking I might not take it next semester (maybe just audit it, or whatnot) so as to not potentially harm my GPA. Especially since the next class sounds a lot harder than this one. I have realized that I'm not really that interested in learning much more Japanese - I can sort of get by with what I know, and the more grammatical patterns I learn, the less sure I am of the ones I do know. It would be much more useful to actually talk in class rather than sitting there listening to the teacher. I am perfectly capable of reading the textbook to find out about the grammar, and some of the teachers pretty much just read from the textbook to us - or follow it so closely that it is sort of like they are. We do have to do a presentation about our hometown, but that's the only thing in this class that we have to do to prove we can make a sentence without following an example. From what I've heard, the next class doesn't have any more participation in class, and that doesn't seem to be helping me learn anything.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we are having a 'storm watch'

    can you try talking in Japanese to other people? not just class

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Magda, I'm cursed. As your mom pointed out, we are indeed on storm watch tonight, and it figures because my birthday is tomorrow and thusly there will be a huge snow storm so that no one can/will come celebrate with me. Actually it's kind of funny, and I just whine alot. :) See, don't you miss me tons?! ::hug::

     

Post a Comment

<< Home