今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's (practically) the weekend!

Wednesday night means the week is pretty much winding down... I have Japanese tomorrow and Friday, econ tomorrow and psych and law on Friday... then must do a lot of laundry and get everything all clean and ready to leave next week. Sunday we are going to costco. I still need to buy two presents. And finish packing my backpack. I think I'm only bringing one pair of pants back (the ones I will be wearing). So hopefully I did not put away my pants too well at home.

Everyone is getting sick, I hope I do not succumb to the cold du jour. That's definately one good thing about not hanging out with people a lot, less germ contact. But Scott is getting sick and that could be a bad omen, since I sit next to him in every class. Ami was a little sick and one of her friends (not someone I talk to a lot, but Ami hangs out with her all the time) has missed two days of school being sick. Emily I think is maybe a little bit of a hypochondriac, but she's been sick pretty much every week (too much running around and not enough going to bed by 8:30 is my diagnosis).

The Thursday econ guy was giving some presentation to some conference thing here at Chiba and was talking about e-learning or video conferencing, so he was looking for volunteers last class.. but only 4 people showed up to class, and Scott and I ended up being the only ones to actually go. We were supposed to do it three ways with some Japanese students in his office, but the internet was broken or something in the international building so we went to hisoffice and talked to the two Japanese kids and had some odd Japanese shrimp potato puffs (like those oddly colored chips at whole foods made with carrot puree or something) that had a salad dressing flavor to them. Then we "watched" them present, but it was hard to understand the guy who was talking, partly due to his British accent and the fact that he was not talking into the computer microphone. Also, the slides were not readable. Then we had to come up with a question about the presentation, which was hard because we didn't know what was going on entirely. And then we had to pretend like the answer, which we totally could not hear, entirely answered our question. I think we will tell the teacher tomorrow that it was hard to hear/see. I was surprised that his office had comfortableish couches and that there wasnt anything overtly religious around the room, since he mentions the fact that he is a christian in class about every other week. I think that his parents must have been because the first day he was telling us about his name. He's very nice and all, but I wonder if he just talks about Christianity a lot with us because we are Westerners.

I was bad and did not write anything at all for my papers today. Tomorrow I must.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home