今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

anthropology

I have started working on my anthropology project. Originally I was intending to write about my interactions with Japanese people, but as the vast majority of people I interact with are foreign, and I have experience being foreign in Japan, I have decided to research that instead. So I am working on a short survey to give out to people - I have five questions that I am working on translating into Japanese, and I need to find someone in Chicago to write them in Spanish, Chinese, and Korean for me, as I have decided those are those the most common languages. The only problem being is that I will also have to get people to translate the responses out of those languages for me. I'm hoping I can fit the questions in all five languages (like, have the same question in all the languages right next to each other) on one piece of paper. I translated them into very bad Japanese so tomorrow at lunch I will show it to my tutor and hopefully she will make them sound less odd, or at thevery least understand what they are asking.

Anyways, I am going to go to bed, as it is almost 9:30 here.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what about German?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home