今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Friday, December 08, 2006

poor japanese people

So tomorrow Ami (Indonesian girl from Bali, she is the one I am with in the vertical picture from Asakusa) and I are going on a home visit to some hapless Japanese people that volunteered to have a pair of foreign exchange students visit them. Ami called them and we are meeting them at the train station near their house (I guess it must be near their house, anyways) at 10. Finally I can give away some of the things I brought from home.

I have been writing my law paper, it is nearly done. I just need to write a conclusion. Tomorrow night I am going to try to write my economics paper - I think I am going to write about Japanese communism. Communism is definately related to the economy, and the teacher only said that it had to be about something relating to Japan and preferably to the economy if possible.

I might learn how to salsa. Emily hangs out with the hispanic guys, and is trying to get this Mexican kid who taught salsa at home to teach people. His name is Angel, which I always say with a j sound, like the same way you would say angel if you were talking about someone who is in heaven, but Emily says it "Ahnhel" which I suppose is how you are actually supposed to say it in Spanish. I know this guy at UIC whose name is Angel and everyone says it the English way, so I will have to be careful to call this kid "Ahnhel" and not Angel. But at least my heels will get some use besides decorating the floor, and I might as well learn how to do something usefulish here.

Only 11 bagels left! That's five and a half days' worth. I guess the last five days I am in Japan I will have to eat a variety of foods and not just have bagles two times a day and something else for the third meal. The possibilities are endless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home