今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sweet Home Chicago

It's like I never even left. Like I'e been gone for a week maybe... but I guess it never really felt like I was gone for a couple weeks when we went on vacation either.

THe airplane ride was uneventful. THey fed us three times - the first time I had this beef thing with some sort of tomato based sauce (but not spaghetti sauce) and linguini, the second time was cup ramen that they came around and poured hot water in and the third time I had pasta with marinara sauce and sausage pieces, but the bottom of it was too crunchy to eat - I was sitting pretty far back in the airplane so mine was probably at the bottom of the heating thing. I slept for two or three hours, after the first meal and before the second, so from about 9 to midnight in Japan time or 6 to 9 am in Chicago, which seemed to work well. I watched Little Miss Sunshine on the plane. It was kind of dumb, we didn't have our own tv screens but I think that as because we were supposed to sleep most of the time. it was projected on the wall, though, and the headphones could play the sound or some radio stations. THe mountains look so much smaller from the air, but the Badlands looked really interesting. Then when we got here another plane must have also just arrived before us, because there was a pretty long line at the immigration desk, but it moved fast and the guy just stamped it. Then I had to wait forever for my backpakc to end up on the luggage carousel. THere were so many people waiting for bags that had not appeared and many bags waiting for people who had not appeared yet. THere was a really long line at the customs exit that was for people transferring to other United flights or leaving, so they were telling people to go to the side for people transferring to American if they were just leaving the airport. Then my mom and dad and Aaron weren't there and I asked some guy what time it was because I was worried that I was done too early but then I found them. By the wrong door. I guess it was actually the correct door, since that was where all the people had been lining up to go out, but I didn't come out of it. Then we took the train back to the main terminal and then got on the train and went to the car and then we went and picked up James from Northside.

I went inside and got distracted talking to Mr. Tylinski and Dr. Lalley. Eventually I went upstairs and got James. Then we went home and ate pasta and red sauce. Then I went to Aaron's... Now we are going to go out to eat for breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home