今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

hmm

Today we had homeroom after our last class. We learned that we should wash both sides of our hands with soap, not just our palms. The teacher said that because Japanese people wash their hands so thoroughly, the Spanish flu did not kill as many people in Japan as elsewhere (proportionately). Also, they told us to make sure we had the passport stamp if we were leaving Japan. Which I knew and already have.

I am not sure why she was talking about using soap, she did not explain that part in english. And it's good she explained about the Spanish Flu having happened a long time ago, because I thought that perhaps there was some new disease, like SARS, going around. But apparently she just likes to use odd examples.

Almost packed. I think I might end up getting a $10 suitcase because I have slightly more stuff that I want to bring back than fit in two backpacks and the suitcase.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    would it be more practical to get/use a large suitcase, as checked luggage, than two small checked bags?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home