今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Avgolemono Soup


I finally gave in and bought somenice crusty bread from the bakery near the station. I managed to restrain myself and got out of there with only my one overprices bun and no crossaints drizzled in frosting with almonds or other elaborate pastries. I was trying to think of what to eat with it as I was walking around in the grocery store and decided to get some chicken... and then I ended up making egg-lemon soup. It was actually really good, but I had to add some of my potato flakes because I clearly did not add enough rice or else I picked a very liquidy recipe. The spoon of potato made it the right creamy consistency. I didn't manage to stir the egg into the liquid with the chicken smoothly enough because I ended up with a few egg clouds (like in Chinese soup) but it tasted really good. And went very well with the bread.

Today I had two different middle aged ladies try to get me to sign up for credit cards with hello kitty on them. I would think that I wouldn't be their target demographic, as I am not Japanese. But I guess it's nice of them to offer. Jose, the guy from Costa Rica, got a Japanese credit card, but he couldn't read all the paperwork and brought it with him to class the other day.

It's been kind of boring because now I only have Japanese in the morning, all my other classes are done. So I have a lot of free time and nothing much to fill it with. I have one more paper to write and then I guess I will turn my attention to my anthropology project... speaking of which, I emailed my Honors College fellow last week and she still hasn't emailed me back yet. Hrm. I guess it's possible she's out of the country or something doing archaeology, but you think she would have an automated response or something. I guess I will email the regular undergraduate advisor on the weekend to see what she says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home