今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Friday, February 02, 2007

econ gathering

Today I met my tutor for lunch. I got something that was like udon noodles but the noodles were flat instead of round. It was pretty good. There were squares of sweet tofu on the top.

This afternoon was the econ party. It's a good thing I went because it was all Japanese students, save for me, Silke and Scott. Apparently the others couldn't be bothered to show up. It was a much less stressful party than a lot of the ones at the beginning of the year because these kids actually wanted to talk to us, and they wanted to talk to us in English. There were some snacks that were tasty and we played a couple games. It was definately a lot of fun and I am glad that I went. I mean, I had been planning on going, but it wasn't so boring as I was expecting.

I made another soup for dinner... today I cut up a carrot and cooked it in some water with oregano and fennel and then added a cup of milk and a scoop of potato flakes. It was quite good. Although I can see myself getting tired of soups made creamy with instant mashed potato pretty quickly. No bread with it today, though, so that was probably more healthy.

brr... it's kind of chilly in here. I wanted to buy a thermometer for my room but the only one they had in farenheit was really small and it only went down to 60 degrees, so not that useful. I may have to spend more than 100 yen on one, I guess. I'm not sure where to buy one, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home