今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

me lazy

It is so humid here... as bad as Japan! Possibly worse, actually, since the air temperature is in the upper 80s every day. I got my UPass yesterday and it started working today, so I didn't have to pay to take the train off to the book mines (hah) too many times.

I have started working on this settlement house project website at work that is meant to be done by the 31st... so since I only started on it yesterday (working with templates that Aaron had made, but the project was completely restructured since he wrote those) it's not very good. If you want to look at it, here it is. Still a work in progress, though, so pay no heed to the goofy things I wrote on it.

Last week, we bought a giant box of peaches(25 pounds) at the farmers market and are still working on them. Yesterday I bought a smaller big box of tomatoes and a couple cucumbers... but then we got more cucumbers from James's friend's mom. So today for lunch I had a cucumber and two tomatoes. The ones I bought were normal american sized cucumbers, not skinny Japanese ones, but the ones we got given to us are "Polish pickles" so they are, well, pickle sized. But I doubt they will make it to picklehood. If that is even a word.

School starts next week!!! and I have jury duty (maybe, I'm only an alternate so I have to call the day before) on next Thursday... I know nothing about crimes! Luckily I have to go downtown, not to 26th and California(far away and in a disreputable area) or someplace in the suburbs(far away and, well, far away).

If anyone knows how to get forecastfox (the firefox weather plugin) to NOT switch to Chiba every time I restart the computer (and there is no default option) it would be much appreciated if you could reveal it.

Tonight for dinner: Italian-Japanese food - pasta with tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and crab bits, with a side of sunomono (pickled cucumbers), seaweed and sliced bell peppers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home