今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

swing dancing

Or not really so much. Mikhail and I went down to the summerdance lesson last night and it was swing dance. We actually did pretty good during the practice, but then there was a 30 minute interval between the lesson and the band so we went for a walk and ate ice cream in millenium park and walked back (during which we saw Arthur and Michael Marhoefer, who I thought we saw while we were dancing but Mikhail didn't know for sure and we did not want to be embarassed if I was wrong). The band was really good but they were playing a lot of semi-modern popular music, so the tempo was much faster than we were capable of swing dancing to. But we did regular dancing. Also, we saw Russ's little sister, bringing the northsider count to 3.

While we were on the el going there, between Armitage and Sedgewick, the train stopped and there was an annoucement and then the driver came and changed the sign to say kimball instead of loop and we went backward for about a block. Then he walked back through and changed the sign to loop and we went in the correct direction again, and got passed by a northbound train, so probably we were too close to the track switching thing since there was only one platform open at Sedgewick. This brown line construction is going to be a pain. I've got to go to UIC tomorrow for two meetings and I'm thinking I will ride my bike so that I dont have to face rush hour trains both ways. Although it is supposed to be in the low 90s (30s C) so I can't say that I'm exactly looking forward to a 45 minute ride in the sun.

Today James and I assembled a second compost bin, so now we have one for yard debris and one for kitchen debris. I was reading the instruction book and apparently you can put rice and bread that is stale in the compost bin besides the usual vegetable peelings, paper and leaves, just nothing with meat or fat or metal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home