今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

so full..

Today Emily and I rode our bikes to Chiba for a day of window shopping (and a little purchasing). Chiba's not far, supposedly 3.3 kilometers from Inage Station to Chiba Station (according to this cool website that tells you how far and how much and what trains to take to get places), so it's definately worth it to ride rather than pay 150 yen each way.

We walked around a couple malls that are attached to the train station and I got another Hello Kitty for my phone - this one is Hello Kitty sitting on a mushroom and her friend Kitty is sitting underneath the mushroom. Very cute. I also got a rather summery skirt thats lime green and yellow that was marked down a lot (to ten dollars) and a pair of cute heart shaped clipon earrings. As it was midafternoon we got hungry and went to a french bakery and I got this bun that was slit in half and had whip cream inside and chocolate all over the top. It was really good. The combination of the french bread (being not sweet) and the sweetish whip cream and chocolate was nice. We started walking back to our bicycles and passed a mochi shop and got mochi too... I got this little skewer that had four balls on it and had some sort of caramelized soy sauce on it that was soooooooooo good. But now I'm not hungry at all.

On the way home we went to Maruetsu to the 100 yen and I got some more clothespins (as I am anticipating needing them after they fumigate and all my stuff gets washed (I have been saving up and need to also do things like my corduroy jackets and all my pants, so there will be a lot of laundry out there). Also we priced ground beef in anticipation of our Monday night meal - I am going to make some spaghetti-ish sauce (heavy on the onions like last time) and she is going to make some chicken on Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm kind of tired now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home