今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

to the basement!

I know I wrote yesterday about how windy it was - and apparently there was a really strong tornado yestersday that killed 9 people yesterday in northern Japan. I'm really quite far away from that, though. When I was watching the tv yesterday, it segued into some sort of news show and they were showing video clips of a huge storm with a tornado, but then they flashed the date on the screen - they were talking about a tornado that happened in September. It makes sense now, knowing that there was a tornado yesterday and they probably didn't have any footage of it.

And actually, I have no idea what we are supposed to do if there is a tornado (or any other disaster really) because there's no basement here and they never really went over earthquake safety or anything like that at orientation. I looked up online what to do in an earthquake and the stuff from the State of California says to hide under a big piece of furniture... the State of Alaska recommends having THREE days' worth of food and water stored in your house. I've got two water bottles and a lot of uncooked rice to eat while I hide under my particle board desk that looks sturdy enough...

1 Comments:

  • At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that for an earthquake you should get out, maybe through your balcony, so the building does not fall on you. for a tornado, perhaps the bathroom, pull the door shut, to protect yourself from flying glass and debris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home