今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Google Earth

So I've found something new to do with my time that might have some redeeming value to someone at some point. Assuming I'm doing it correctly. I'm labeling places in Inage. Of course, I can't actually find any places that it looks like other people have labeled, even in Chicago, so it's quite possible I'm doing it wrong. If you are really bored, search for "Chiba University International House" and see if you can see some other places nearby... or if it even comes up.

If I am doing it correctly, this will eliminate the need for me to draw a better map in paint, as an aerial photo is far superior to my scratching at the computer screen with a gray paintbrushy tool.

I was going to go to Roppongi tonight (the plan had originally been for last week) but I took a nap in preparation and now my head hurts and I feel like a zombie... and it's only 6:15 here. Somehow I don't think I'm going to go, since all I really want to do is go to sleep.

Or read some more of Cryptonomicon, the book Aaron got my for my birthday. It's really interesting. It was slow at first, though, but it's picking up.

I emailed my tutor because I have to get a stamp on my visa to leave Japan and come back in without invalidating my visa. I've found the address, hours and telephone number of the place I need to go, except I'mnot sure how to get there. I have a general idea of the location of this building, but I can't find it on a map. It's maybe three or four train stations to the east of here. Hopefully she will at least be able to tell me which station it's by. Otherwise, I guess I will go to the police box on the far side of the train station tomorrow or Monday and see if they have a really big map and can help me. I plan to go on Tuesday, since I don't know if this is a thing where I'll spend more time waiting in line than it will take to fill out the form and get a piece of paper stapled into my passport, or if I will have to leave them my passport for a week while they process it. I'm thinking it's the former, since no one has made a big deal about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home