今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I have not really done anything interesting.

Let's see... yesterday I had Japanese class and then I met my tutor for a very fast lunch (of tempura udon in the cafeteria) and then we met my "supervisor" (who is the faculty member who agreed to sponsor our admission into the university, but doesn't actually do anything), and talked to him for a while... he knew English really well and is actually in the Anthropology department, so I'm lucky in that regard - some people have advisors in really random departments, because they have a hard time getting enough of them - and he said that he would email me when the anthropology department has activities, because he thinks the Japanese students should meet me (apparentally there are only 20 kids majoring in anthro here).

I also went to the grocery store and bought a lot of food on the way home because I was really hungry. I got chinese buns (but I have not yet managed to pick a flavor that is barbeque, they are always some sort of mushroomy oniony flavored sauce with ground meat), shu mai that were really good, gyoza to pan fry, a box of soup packets (it was on sale, ten for 250), some bananas, two buns, a carton of yogurt and a little vial of vanilla to flavor my yogurt with. And some green tea ice cream that really tasted like green tea. The checkout lady was telling me something abuot dry ice to put the ice cream in, but I was just planning to eat it as soon as I got home, and it didn't get too melty in the 5 minutes it took to go back.

I played a lot of katamari yesterday, at the end of the final normal level, there's this weird old fashioned katamari that's two dimensional, like video games from the 80's, and I finally completed the really hard level on that.... but I doubt I could do it again.

Also, all my laundry is dry now, I brought in the second batch of stuff yesterday morning. And it stopped raining and looking inclement.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    life is a stage .... act well on it

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your blog is awesome madga
    eric

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what's all this with line drying laundry? Do they not have dryers in Japan? I am, of confused.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home