今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Friday, April 20, 2007

happy 1/2 birthday to me!

I was sitting in japanese class, not understanding what the teacher was talking about when I realized it is my half birthday. Not very exciting. But it does mean I have been in Japan for more than 6 months. Almost 7, actually. I counted, I will be home in 91 days if all goes as planned! 13 weeks! Time to start packing. Well, not quite.

I feel bad for the thai kid who asked me to tell in English what we were supposed to be doing when we got put into groups... I wasn't entirely sure myself, and the third kid in our group did seem to know. So we just sat there while the Korean kid talked about something... maybe he was trying to tell us a vignette about a personality trait, since I think that's what we were supposed to be doing. But I didn't really understand what he was talking about, either. I'm going to sign up for kanji and keep going to this class until the teacher notices I'm not on the roster/it gets too hard. I am on the list of people that got into the class, which is what they are going off so far, but I'm sure by the middle of next week (when the class registration sheet is due) they will have a new one with only those enrolled.

Tomorrow I am going to go buy more cheese, I have a 3/4 inch by 2 inch chunk left. Of course, that means I have eaten a two pound block of cheese all by myself in just about three weeks. Is there such a thing as too much cheese?

I ate lunch with my tutor and had curry rice. I managed to restrain myself and both not get the breaded, deep-fried pork chop with it and get the small size (which is about as much rice as I would make for myself at home, so it was really the proper size to be eating), so it was marginally healthy, if you can call a plate of white rice with what is essentially gravy healthy. But my tutor (who apparently forgot the talk we had last week about how we both overate on spring break and the need to diet to return to pre-vacation size) asked me if it was enough food. I guess she has noticed I eat a lot more food than she does.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Half Birthday to you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home