今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

this is silly.


grr! Apparently the fossil human class I was going to sign up for in the fall is cross listed and is some biology requirement. So all 44 seats were full already. I should have gotten up in the middle of the night to do it. But it probably wouldn't have made a difference. I emailed the advisor and she told me that in the spring the bioanthropology class is something about women, so at least that's not cross listed as bio, but as gender and woman's studies. Should be easier to get into, since kids in GWS are usually quite weird but probably not very scientific minded. On the bright side, though, I won't have to go to school on Tuesdays at all!

Silke asked me if I want to go to Kamakura tomorrow. Kamakura is about two hours away and has a bunch of shrines and a giant buddha (but not as big as the one in Nara). I'm not sure why she is going on the weekend when we haven't got anything going on during the week. I had been planning to go to church tomorrow for Easter, but I guess I will go tonight. I called and asked and mass is supposed to be less than two hours long. Since the Easter vigil starts at 6pm, I think that is managable. I thought it was funny that at St. Alphonsus midnight mass starts at 10 or 11, but to have it be at 6 is both more practical (because it's the same time as regular anticipated mass) and goofy (it's not even dark out at 6). Oh well, it's good for me, since it means I'll be back by 9, and can go with to see more scenic temples tomorrow.

Also, I went and got more spaghetti sauce because my last jar is nearly empty. I guess I can't go home early now because I have too much tomato sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home