今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Friday, April 06, 2007

next semester classes?

Today was the placement test for Japanese. I'm sure I did really bad. That's okay, though, since I am not sure I want to take it at all, or at least not for a grade. Also, there are only going to be 6 classes taught in English this upcoming semester... none of which I am particularly excited about. THe second halves of both economics classes and history, as well as "fundamentals of imaging science", "information science" and "development of urban environment and landscape in Japan". So I guess I know what I'm taking... I kind of wish I was going home soon, it's just like colloquium at Northside. The better ones were always offered in the Fall and in the Spring it was a matter of picking the least dumb sounding ones. But I haven't even got any other choices. If I took Japanese it would count as three classes and I'd only have to take three in English, but that would mean that I wouldn't be able to leave until the first week of August at the earliest, and I'm not sure that gives me enough time off before school starts again. If anything, this has taught me where my interests DON'T lie - in languages or economics. And I highly suspect that they aren't in information or imaging science, either.

grr.

And class doesn't even start until next Thursday. What am I going to do for essentially another whole week of vacation? I'm out of things to do. I have to sign up for my classes for the fall at UIC starting at 10:20 am Chicago time today (so at 12:20 am Saturday morning in Japan)... but I will just do that in the morning, since I can't see 300 and 400 level anthropology classes filling up instantaneously.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger VucubCaquix said…

    at least you got to choose your colloquium, I remember being told to take consumer ed several times.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    maybe you could plan a trip, or two, to other areas, like Hokkaido without snow

     

Post a Comment

<< Home