今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

More pictures from Kamakura

 
 
 
 

Today was my first day of school... Japanese class did not go well. I had no idea what was going on half the time, and I think the teacher had been warned I don't really want to learn Japanese since she asked me if I dislike it. It was kind of weird. We'll see how that goes...

Econ was a lot of fun, we are now in a very large group (close to 30 kids) of mostly Japanese students. We made groups and introduced each other. In my group was the girl who is going to UIC next year and a girl who is going to Arizona. I got their email addresses and am going to send them messages tonight.

I know this is about food but it is an exciting (okay, it's really rather lame) breakthrough! So for the longest time I've been wanting to eat pasta but reluctant to get down the pasta pot and boil water in it since it takes a good half hour for the water to approach a boil. But in the frying pan it takes about five minutes to bring the water to a rolling boil (with the lid on). So I boiled water in the frying pan and cooked the noodles in only an inch and a half of water instead of the usual gallon or so, and they still turned out fine. I cut up a carrot and tossed it in the boiling water too so I had carrot and pasta covered in cheese... so yummy.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home