今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

sushi


I went to the grocery store today, to buy mochi, and I ended up getting a chunk of salmon... there was a sample lady in the fish department who kept giving me different samples and talking to me so I figured having eaten about 5 of her various samples I really ought to get some, so I got a fillet of salmon intended to be cut up. I took it home and at dinner I sliced it into a bunch of pieces and I went to wash my hands, because I'd touched raw meat, and I realized that was kind of goofy since I was going to eat the raw fish. But it was very yummy with soy sauce and wasabi(which it came with, so it was clearly meant to be eaten raw, not cooked). Although it was a very big (by Japanese standards) piece of fish for one person to eat alone (not quite 6 oz). The picture is only about a third of it, since I realized I should take a picture once I was most of the way through. Its also the end I started cutting, so the slices are a bit thicker than the rest of it was.

And I vacuumed. So no more dust bunnies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home