今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Friday, May 11, 2007

baseball game...


So there were some signs to go to a baseball game for 500 yen and Silke and I decided to go. We walked to school to find out that we would take the train to Inage station and then take a bus straight to the stadium. We should have just ridden the bikes! Oh well. I don't really have the patience to watch baseball, but everyone kept asking me for explainations because I was the only person (besides the Japanese kid who was our leader and he didn't speak enough English to explain the rules) who knew how to play baseball. Mostly it seems people know soccer. Anyways, so the sign had said to meet at 5 or 6 and I looked up the schedule and the game was for 6:15 so we went for 5. About an hour after we got there a second group of kids showed up, and Jesse (from Canada) was with them, but by that time they were getting bored and stopped asking about the rules (just when someone else could have explained them, and probably better). I brought some rice chex but I was really hungry and also got some french fries - but servings are so small here that it was really probably not all that bad. After the game (Chiba won 9-5) we took the bus back to Inage and then the other kids were going to go eat - but it was 11 at night and I was both not hungry after the fries and falling asleep because it was 3 hours later than I usually go to bed. But it was pretty fun. I took pictures and put all of them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home