今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Spiderman

Scott and I went to see Spiderman today - 3 days before it starts in America. We went to a theater in Chiba, so it was pretty close. Since it was raining, we took the train. For some reason he thought there wouldbe huge crowds so we got there to buy our tickets at 1:30 for the 3pm show. They had assigned seats (but I went first and didn't know what the girl was asking so we just ended up with what she picked). We were about 2/3 of the way back, so further than I would have picked but it was fine. The subtitles were a bit distracting for the first couple minutes but I stopped even noticing them after a while (it was with the original English soundtrack). I liked it a lot, but I didn't read any reviews or anything, so I had no idea what was supposed to happen.

I ate half the lamb yakiniku for dinner. It was tasty, but a little game-y for my tastes. I've never been comfortable eating "wild" animals, like buffalo(although I have gotten over my qualms about that after eating a really good spaghetti sauce with ground bison instead of ground beef in Jasper in Canada) or elk or antelope, even though what they have in restaurants is farmed. The lamb kind of reminded me of venison. It was good, but having tried it I think I will stick to buying beef or pork and not more lamb. I'll have the second half tomorrow for lunch.

I'm kind of tired, I need to try to sleep longer in the morning. I've got laundry hanging inside so hopefully that will block some of the sunshine tomorrow. I'm looking forward to 80 and sunny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home