今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

I bought a sunhat today.

It's kind of goofy looking, but much less odd than the one I brought from home. It's white, with blue around the edge and a blue band with a bow. The brim is so wide that it covers my neck in the back. There is a wire in it, to sort of make it stick out. I don't think hats are popular amoung young people, though, since all the other people in the hat department were at least as old as my mom. As long as it keeps me from getting tanner and means I don't have to put on sunblock to walk to school, I don't mind looking odd. It's strange, though, that I would much rather wear sunblock than a hat while hiking. It is very distracting to wear sunblock to school, as I found out... I kept thinking about going outside because I smelled sunlotion-y.

I also got a folder thing and new smaller notebook for kanji class. It was very unlike me to study for kanji without an imminent quiz, though.

I bought some meat that I was going to eat for dinner, but when I was at the grocery store I also got a package of miniature bean paste buns. I ate all the buns and now my stomach kind of feels funny... so I think I will save the meat for tomorrow. I can't wait to go home and eat a big chunk of beef that's more than half an inch thick. I picked the thickest style of meat there was and it was slices of a miniature roast that are a little thicker than half an inch, but not much. I'll have to make sure the pan is very hot first so that they can get brown on the outside before getting too cooked on the inside. I guess Japanese people must not like their meat cooked rare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home