今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Pad Thai!



I didn't really feel like pasta with cheese or bread toasted with spaghetti sauce and cheese again, so I ended up making pad thai. I think I forgot some part of the sauce(I only used peanut butter, soy sauce and a little sugar), and the rice noodles I got were kind of cohesive (maybe they were only made of rice flour, they were that gummy) but it turned out tasty, especially for something I wasn't sure what I was doing. The tofu was really good too, and I scrambled an egg in it. I did have bean sprouts with it, but I couldn't remember what else is in pad thai. Tofu (or meat), egg, sauce (soy/peanut butter mixture), noodles, shredded carrot/red cabbage, lemon/lime chunk, crushed peanuts (didn't have those). I ate half, so I have leftovers for another day soon. I think I might start having to eat things that are NOT Italian-American occasionally. But I love tomato sauce and melty cheese and pasta and bread too much... tofu and weird rice noodles with peanut butter will not win.

That class on Urban landscape and environment would be more interesting if the teacher's voice was less monotonous. My eyes would not stay open for the middle third of the class, but I don't think I actually fell asleep. He got interesting towards the end, talking about parks in Tokyo and infilled land around Tokyo Bay, and that's when I stopped yawning so much. So maybe he was just really boring.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for homemade Pad Thai!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home