今日は or Magda's Overly Elaborate Cooking

This begins in October 2006 with my trip to Japan but segues into images of things I have cooked.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

run run run

So yesterday I went to a party and salsaed with, among other people, a kid from Iran (he was not very good, especially compared to the hispanic guys, but he was very enthusiastic). After salsaing normal music came on and I don't think I've danced that much since high school dances. It was a lot of fun. I ended up going because Javier (from Argentina) came and asked me to go with them to a korean drum thing in the office building at lunchtime. Besides, the party was in my building, so I wouldn't have been able to sleep until it was over anyways. Which was 2 am. But oddly I was not tired at all.

I consumed more than usual yesterday, which was okay because I think 5 hours of pretty much nonstop dancing compensated for it, but I was actually motivated to go run today. I ran all the way to school without stopping! Well, only for the traffic lights. Which kept changing as soon as I got there so I didn't really get a break. But I feel accomplished! I'm really slow, but I will get faster pretty quickly because it's really much more comfortable for me to run at a much faster speed than I can keep up for as long as I ran.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad that you are having a good time. Definitely stop at traffic lights, and look both ways!
    Have fun.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remind me to go salsa dancing with you when you're in town.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home